I did it! My first pro-market re-write request re-written and submitted! Just now. *Whew* It feels good. I get to check off a writing goal on my dry-erase board, log another submission at The Submission Grinder, and feel accomplished.
Other goals in this fine (read:cold cold and barren but I’m trying to look on the brighter side of things) month of November:
- Tweaked NaNo goal–write five brand new stories!
- Submit to the new Zombies Need Brains anthology: Temporally Out of Order;
- Work on story for the Book Smugglers “First Contact“-themed issue (if you haven’t read their first issue, Subversive Fairy Tales, do it!);
- Look toward future submission goals: Hidden Youth anthology, Clarion (because OMG, look at that instructor lineup!), C.C. Finlay’s guest editing of Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction;
- Eat better–more vegetables if nothing else. Maybe get back into going on a daily walk.
You know, nothing too big, just ambitious enough to motivate my dragging ass.
My friend and fellow writer and Odyssey ’13 grad, Sofie Bird, is the genius and impetus behind the modified NaNo goal. Only hers is significantly more ambitious–she’s planning on writing ten short stories in November. She’s blogging about it here.
And you know where I’ll blog about my progress.